As usual life has got in the way of an update, and crafting. Why do I always leave it to the last minute to knit gifts for christmas and winter birthdays? I do it every year, in January I may knit a hat or a set of mittens with the intention of knitting one item every month to prep for the festive season. Of course it doesn’t happen.
These last few months I have crammed knitting into every spare minute and have managed to knit 2 scarves, 1 shawl, 1 pair of mittens and 3 hats. I am still in the knit zone so want to continue until I lose my knitting mojo.
One of the hats I knitted was Stephen Wests Mudmilk design. I used Rowan Felted Tweed Chunky from stash, this was to be for my appreciative son in law , this was until I tried it on and liked it. This is now mine and I need to knit another one the same for him.
This has been the season for continuing to knit from stash and it has been a successful quarter. I continue to donate oddments and those yarns and fabrics I will not be using to a local school. For projects since October I have used from stash:
- Rowan Alpaca Chunky x 1 for some last minute much needed mittens
- Rowan Alpaca Chunky x 4 for the Decemberist shawl (will be knitting another one of these)
- Rowan Felted Tweed Chunky x 6 for Mudmilk hat
- Knitting Academy Gemstone x 1 for Maddie hat
- WI chunky for a unicorn hat scarf
- Mirasol Nuna x 3 for a slip stitch scarf