2016 The Year of the Clubs

For me this year seems to be the year of clubs and knit a longs -KAL. I signed up to a mystery mitten KAL but never got around to starting it. I signed up to Fiddlesticks mystery shawl which I am not sure if I will be actually knitting but we are only on clue one. As usual I am knitting Debbie Abrahams Mystery Blanket, not that I need anything to sell it to me but it was the lace knitting that sold it. I am on track so far but it’s only been one month. I love this years colours and theme so far.

Late last year I discover Erin Lane Bags, they are doing a Year of Winter ending in Christmas club. Alternate months you get a kit and a project bag based around the Narnia characters. I am knitting the Peter hat already and have to say the yarn included with it (Holiday yarn) is gorgeous to knit with. The project bag is very good quality and I would buy one from them.  It is a nice easy design and I will be using this as my travel and hospital project.Peters hat

 

The Kindred Spirit Shawl is still in progress but as it is such a pleasant easy knit, this is my mindless knitting so is being picked up between projects.

Advertisements

January Aims

This month I hope to:

Knit an item for baby zozo DONE x 2
Baby Zo zo Jacket

January 2013 058

Knit something for little man DONE

Harrys first knitwear of the year

Harrys first knitwear of the year

Sew three MB2012 strips together DONE
Swiss darn relevant squares on strips HALF DONE
Knit Brit Knit Club project Gave up on this will start again after blankets are up todate
Finish sewing bibs
Finish knitting cable samples DONE

Baby Blanket

Baby Blanket

First is the baby blanket. I was working on this before my daughter was even married let alone expecting. It was meant to be one of those projects that would be ready long before my daughter became pregnant, but as usual I got side tracked by other projects. The blanket design is by the wonderful Debbie Abrahams, called Building Blocks and knitted in the lovely Rowan Wool Cotton. All from stash.
The only change I made was that I knitted it 5 x 7 instead of 7 x 7